Mark Hulmes is a Content Producer for the Yogscast. He joined the Yogscast in September 2015 as the new Community Manager and left the position in July 2017 to work as a content creator for the High Rollers D&D and Tabletop Weekly series he founded while working as the Community Manager.
Description[edit | edit source]
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Mark has been a Community Manager for previous companies for 8 years, covering the MMORPGs RuneScape, WildStar and Blade & Soul. In London, he spent a year working as an actor and voice artist (a sample of Mark's voice acting talents can be heard on his SoundCloud). He also met the people behind PlayStation Access.
Yogscast[edit | edit source]
In 2015, given his interest in tabletop role-playing game (RPG), Mark hosted Hat Films' Star Wars Roleplaying Game livestream, Episode IX: A New Hat, during the Yogscast Jingle Jam 2015 on December 10. Its sequel, Episode II: Return of the Chevin, aired about a year later and also hosted by Mark.
In 2016, following the positive responses from the Hat Films' livestream, Mark goes to create and host the series, High Rollers D&D. It first aired on January 17, 2016 and has completed its first main campaign, Lightfall, with the second campaign Aerois starting on July 1, 2018. In September, Mark co-hosts the Madden NFL 17 series with Kim Richards. On November 26, Mark started Tabletop Weekly, a YouTube channel dedicated to tabletop RPG. Mark has also hosted several tabletop RPG livestreams during Yogscast Jingle Jam 2016.
In 2017, Mark continues to host various Hat Films' tabletop RPG livestreams. On July 5, Mark transitions into Content Producer, effectively dropping his role as Community Manager. This allows him to focus full-time on High Rollers D&D and Tabletop Weekly, as well as new projects such as creating homebrew contents for the Dungeon Masters Guild and writing a novel.
Role-Playing Games[edit | edit source]
Being a fan of Dungeons & Dragons, Mark regularly participates in D&D campaigns in his own time with his friends and colleagues. He is known to be friends of Chris Perkins and Matthew Mercer, both of whom are dungeon masters of their own D&D series.
Series Guide[edit | edit source]
- The following table shows the games and series Mark Hulmes has played or participated in. Please note that the Current list only contains series uploaded to the creators channel in the last 30 days.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mark moved into Bristol from London in September 2015 to more easily work at YogTowers
- Mark shares a flat with Nina-Serena, an artist at YogTowers, and they have been together for over 6 years now.
- Mark enjoys playing Civilization.
- Mark's favourite game series is Mass Effect.
- Together with Nina-Serena, Mark Hulmes used to upkeep a weekly web-comic named LeLattè
- Mark shared that he is a fan of My Little PonyMark can imitate a large number of characters and people including C-3PO, Christopher Walken, Jeff Goldblum, Michael Cain, Gollum/Smeagol, Mark Turpin, Strong Bad, and Rick Sanchez
- Mark is known by his twitch chat as a 'filthy paintlicker' and has paintlicking emotes for his twitch subscribers.
- Members of Mark's twitch chat are known as 'Paintlickers' (because Mark licks his brush to get it to a point) or 'Irregulars' (a reference to Sherlock Holmes' group of urchin helpers).
- Mark's Sherlock Hulmes channel currently has 20K+ subscribers and over 290K views on YouTube.
Notable Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "THERE'S A MAN! AHHHH!"
- "You watch as..."
- "No you don't need to justify your cold blooded murder.."
Links[edit | edit source]
Merchandises and Subscriptions