"HELLOOOOO! I'M PROFESSOR GRIZWOOOOOLD!"
"It appears I have fallen off a cliff!"
"It appears I have died! I'm writing this from beyond the grave; if you receive it, I'm going to haunt you, you son of a bitch!"
Professor Horatio Grizwold (Prof_Grizwold in-game), sometimes spelled Grizwald, is the man who assembled Verigan's group of heroes during the quest to destroy the first Hellgate. At some point he appears to have died, as his remains rest in the The Tomb of Lehparsi.
In the custom adventure map "Prof. Grizwald and the Adventure of the Pyramid", Grizwald is featured as a driving force throughout the hero's journey, leaving behind notes informing the heroes of their objectives. However is implied to have died when his log mansion was attacked by Orcs armed with exploding arrows.
He is also referenced in the custom map "Professor Grizwald and the Redstone Keys". He noted that before his search for the pyramid, he was looking for a diamond mine owned by the Restonians. It is also revealed that Grizwold hid a portal under his bedroom during the "Adventure of the Pyramid" and may have lived through the orc attack.
In the custom map "Mountain Of Kikatchu" there is mentioned a Professor Burben, who is discovered to be Grizwold's brother (even if they have a different last name). It is also discovered that his famous accent is regional, from the area of Kikatchu.
- Professor Grizwold's in-game skin is loosely based on Henry Hatsworth, from the Nintendo DS Game Henry Hatsworth in: The Puzzling Adventure.
- According to Lewis, at one point Simon somehow forgot how to speak in his own voice, and substituted it with the Professor Grizwold voice for about a week.
- Lewis once exclaimed that he cannot hear "Congratulations!" without hearing the Grizwold voice in his mind.
- Even though Professor Grizwold originated in a Custom Map, he is one of the most well-known characters in Shadow of Israphel.
- A strange thing to note is that the professor's skin bears a slight resemblance to that of Bertie's of Gamechap's world.
- In February of 2017, Simon played as a character named Professor Grizwold in Yogsquest 5 Call of Cthulhu, later again in April of 2018 for Yogsquest 9 Call of Cthulhu and most recently, in the 2019 Jingle Jam Call of Cthulhu Roleplay stream.
In a poll that was held from January to February 2013 on this wiki with all Season 3 characters to choose from, Professor Grizwold was placed 5th overall with 172 votes out of 4412 votes.